ProtoShape 2D (Unity)
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
It's a Unity extension that will allow you to quickly and effortlessly create 2D meshes, fill them with color, gradient or texture and generate colliders for them. Intended for quick prototyping of 2D games it can be used for creating vector-styles terrain, decorations and whole scenes.
- Easy and intuitive way to create 2D objects by placing and dragging points right in Unity editor window.
- Fill meshes with solid color, two-color gradient or texture. Color your scene without sprites.
- Generate matching polygon or edge 2D collider. Edge collider will automatically detect upper edge of the polygon and only create points for that part to create platforms.
- Export meshes you've created as a separate prefabs or use your own material on ProtoShape objects if you need to.
- Simple keyboard controls: hold CTRL to delete points, hold SHIFT while dragging a point to snap it to other points.
I've created this extension because I needed a tool to help me prototype and build games with simple, flat art-style. I intend to use this tool myself and keep improving it as I build games with it.
This asset is also available on Unity Asset Store.
2017-04-25 - V1.01 Fixed some minor bugs, slightly improved UI and general look. Added option for full-shape edge collider.
2017-05-14 - V1.02
- Added sorting layers support that work the same way as in sprites.
- Added buttons for quick pivot adjustment when automatic pivot is disabled.
- The size of newly created object is now proportional to scene view scale.
- Fixed automatic pivot messing with undo/redo.
- Fixed minor issues with snapping and added diagonal snapping.
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10.00 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.